Thursday, October 27, 2011

Starbucks cup attempt

I wasn't sure what to get my sister-in-law for her birthday so I decided on a Starbucks treat with a twist.

I learned a lot while making this and now I am pretty confident that my next attempt will look much better *fingers crossed*.

I had a sheet cake that I made and a red plastic cup cut up so I could figure out the size (this is one thing I learned) Starbucks cups are not fat & short. Next time I guess I'll just have to make a coffee run first!


Next I stacked them and put a skewer in the middle (2nd lesson) I made the skewer to long and it stuck out the top. Which gave the look of the top of the lid, but it could have been better.


I then covered it with my coffee flavored butter cream and then my marshmallow fondant.
I want to try these again soon since it was fairly easy and super fun! I would love to get one of these for my birthday!


Happy Birthday Amber!

2 comments:

  1. I would love one of these for my birthday too!!!! I miss you so so so so much!!!! And your cupcakes too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww that is soooo cute!!! I loooooove Starbucks!!! Weeeeellll congrats on your winning the cupcake contest!!! I saw it in the newspaper and found your blog!!! COme check my blog out!!! ClassicMaryMoments.blogspot.com Its fun, uplifting and humorous!! :)

    ReplyDelete